Reasons why companies should outsource their IT services
PUBLISHED : 01-02-2017 00:00:00
Immediate benefits can be gained by outsourcing IT services to an agency.
1. Control IT Costs Outsourcing converts fixed IT costs into variable costs and allows you budget effectively. In other words, only pay for what you use when you need it.
2. Reduce Labour Costs Hiring and training an IT staff can be very expensive, and temporary employees don't always live up to your expectations. Outsourcing lets you focus your human resources where you need them most.
3. Trained, Experienced, Qualified, Certified. If you’re not IT trained, how do you assure an employee is qualified? Surely knowledge and certification is impoertant, but so is experience.
4. Increase Efficiency and Competitiveness Organizations that try to do all IT Services in-house themselves can have much higher research, development, and implementation time, all of which increase costs and are ultimately passed on to customers.
5. Quickly Implement New Technology A quality outsourced IT service organization will have the resources to start new projects right away. Handling the same project in-house might involve weeks or months to hire the right people, train them, and provide the support they need. For most implementations, quality IT companies will bring years of experience in the beginning saving time and money.
6. Stay Focused on Your Core Business Businesses have limited resources, and every manager has limited time and attention. Outsourcing can help your business stay focused on your core business and not get distracted by complex IT decisions.
7. Reduce risk Every business investment carries a certain amount of risk. Markets, competition, government regulations, financial conditions, and technologies all change very quickly. Outsourcing providers assume and manage much of this risk for you, with specific industry knowledge, especially security and compliance issues. They generally are much better at deciding how to avoid risk in their areas of expertise.
8. Level the Playing Field Most small businesses can't afford to match the in-house support services that larger companies maintain. Outsourcing can help small companies act "big" by giving them access to the similar technology, and expertise that large companies enjoy. An independent third party managed cost structure and economy of scale can give your company a competitive advantage.